Sunday, October 25, 2009

Leadership Law

I was reading an interesting article by John C. Maxwell today and thought I would share some of the questions he asked in relation to YOU as a leader:

"Here is what I want you to ask yourself as a leader:
  • Since I've been leading my team, are things better for them or are things worse?
  • Am I adding value to them, or am I subtracting value from them?
  • Are my people better off because I'm a leader?
  • Am I taking others to a higher level?

Leadership isn't how far we advance ourselves , but how far we advance others."

John C Maxwell, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.

So I think these are great questions to ask yourself, no matter how small or big your business is. For me the first 2 questions really had me thinking about my own leadership and again the realisation that the first person I need to lead is me.

Feel free to let me know what your thoughts are when you take the time to answer these questions at deb@debpilgrim.com

No comments:

Post a Comment