As 2009 draws to a close, think about scheduling a block of time to plan for your Best Year Yet ~ 2010.
To help you with this process, I wanted to share with you 3 mistakes we can make when setting our plans:
1. Focusing on what you don't want, rather than what you do want.
Often when facilitating this planning process for clients, I hear a lot about what clients don't want (eg., I don't want to work longer hours? I don't want to make less than $100,000 etc.) rather than what they do want. It's time to see it differently and talk about what you want. So begin by making a list of everything that you want for your business and yourself.
2. Keeping your plans and goals in your mind rather than writing them down.
*Research indicates that by writing down your goals, you will have greater success of achieving them than if you were to keep them in your mind. The other part of this process is to make sure you have a tracking system in place to track how you are going with your goals. You don't want to write them down and then place them in a draw only to be seen at the end of 2010.
3. Relying on others to help you achieve your goals.
At the end of the day you are responsible for your own actions, for your own achievements. There is no way to make someone else do something. So take time to ask yourself; "How do I need to be to have my best year yet? What do I need to do now to have my best year yet?"
Call to action:
Put some time in your diary before the end of the year, put pen to paper and begin the planning process for 2010. Not sure of what you need to do, not sure on how to go about this process why not give me a call to book in a session to assist you in this process.
*Locke EA and Latham GP (2002) Building a practically useful theory of goal setting and task motivation American Psychologist, Vol 57, No 9, 705-717
(c) DebPilgrim 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to use this Article?
I would be honoured if you did, just be sure to use it in full and include the following information:
Deb Pilgrim is the Entrepreneurs' Business Mentor. Deb's FREE weekly Biz Booster Newsletter provides entrepreneurs with how to tips that will increase your profits, grow your business whilst gaining more time for yourself. To learn more about this how-to newsletter visit http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=J5D6_&m=J6vflc78U7O9Te&b=pK0BilbOrrOmcUBTSNr._w to sign up for your FREE copy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment