Raquel Bosustow, Entrepreneur & Author
Download the audio version here - great gems from Raquel that you wont want to miss out on!
Raquel Bosustow left a six figure corporate career in the travel industry in 2001 to start a catering business with NO experience. All she had was a dream and determination to succeed. Through her determination, Raquel built this business into a huge success with 30 staff. Due to this success she sold this business within 4 years. From there, she bought an Organics Fruit & Vegies home delivery business called Organics Only and has increased her turnover in this business by 500% in 2 years. In this time, she has also written and published her first book (released in Oct 2009) called Miracle Beginnings and created a new business that is aligned to her book and supports Mums who have had Premature Babies. Raquel is also the mother of 3 incredible kids all under 7 and she loves to cook, drink champagne, have baths, hang with girlfriends, shop and date her husband! These are her thoughts around what success means for her.
1. What do you consider success to be?
Freedom of Choice
2. Often people measure success by how much money one has, what do you
think of this statement?
Success can be measured by money, but I feel it can also be measured by achievement of
Success can be measured by money, but I feel it can also be measured by achievement of
goals.
3. How do you measure your success?
I measure success by living the life I want to lead, working the hours I want to work,
3. How do you measure your success?
I measure success by living the life I want to lead, working the hours I want to work,
doing what I love and being paid for it. Being able to give back and being proud of myself.
4. How many times did you feel like giving up before you finally made it?
4. How many times did you feel like giving up before you finally made it?
Not as often as what I thought - I was just too determined to prove the onlookers wrong to
ever really think about giving up.
5. Do you have support people around you that really believed in you? How
important do you feel this is?
My husband is my biggest supporter, as are my closest girlfriends. I cleaned out all the
My husband is my biggest supporter, as are my closest girlfriends. I cleaned out all the
dream takers a long time ago.
6. How do you keep yourself motivated and inspired when things may not be
going so great?
I just keep on visualising what I really want to happen. I remind myself of how far I have
I just keep on visualising what I really want to happen. I remind myself of how far I have
come and am grateful for what I have achieved. I keep planning ahead and keep it simple.
7. How do you maintain work life balance and switch off from your business?
7. How do you maintain work life balance and switch off from your business?
This is a tricky one, especially when you love what you do. I have recently introduced a 'no
work day' on a Tuesdays which means no emails, no computer, no phone calls - its killing
me!!
8. If you lost it all and had to start again from scratch, what would you do
8. If you lost it all and had to start again from scratch, what would you do
differently?
Nothing. I am happy with my entire journey thus far.
9. Would you like to share any 'worst' decision you have made along the way and
Nothing. I am happy with my entire journey thus far.
9. Would you like to share any 'worst' decision you have made along the way and
what you learnt from these?
Not trusting my gut instinct as much as I have learnt to.
10. What 2-3 things could you share that you think makes the fundamental difference between good and absolute success?
1. Get Focus - like a woman on a mission
2. Get Determined - Nothing will get in your way, build strong shoulders and charge
Not trusting my gut instinct as much as I have learnt to.
10. What 2-3 things could you share that you think makes the fundamental difference between good and absolute success?
1. Get Focus - like a woman on a mission
2. Get Determined - Nothing will get in your way, build strong shoulders and charge
through.
3. Get Clarity - Know exactly what you want and go get it
3. Get Clarity - Know exactly what you want and go get it
As always I would love to hear your comments and thoughts on this article and what you see as your definition of success.

No comments:
Post a Comment